Tuesday 15 January 2013

rinse and repeat

I had a few questions, so I thought I would add a few more notes about laundry here as I try to ignore the Nila truck making a pick-up next door.

A fully automatic washing machine that will hold 7 kg of laundry sells for about $305.00.   This model that has a washer with separate ringer and holds 8 kg goes for about $145.00.


The grocery stores carry all kinds of powder and bar soaps, fabric softeners, bluing agents and bleaches and liquid starches.  It looks a bit like a candy isle.


You can get an average of 4 pieces of laundry done for a dollar.  Many tourists do it themselves and then hang it everywhere to dry.





2 comments:

  1. You could make a killing setting up your own laundromat. Just think what you could earn with just one set of front loading washers and dryers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a discussion last night about exactly that. I think a foreign national will set up shop next season.

    ReplyDelete