Saturday 26 January 2013

Black Beach

If you walk far enough down the cliff away from the helipad North Beach turns to rock.   Eventually the path drops you out on to Black Beach.  This is area is basically a fisherman's cove scattered with huts, boats and nets in various states of repair and a motley collection of bored men.

I think that this would be Tim Burton's dream vacation spot.   I go there sometimes to look for Johnny Depp, but he remains elusive.  I took a few photos while I was there this morning for your viewing pleasure and promise to keep you posted on any future celebrity sightings.


A small fishing vessel (owned by crows apparently) used to carry nets beached on the black sand that the beach is famous for.

I hope that you can see that the boat appears to be held together with big metal staples that look like stitches.  I have peered inside and can confirm that there are no drunk pirates sleeping inside.



A crow also waiting for Johnny Depp to appear.

Rock-coloured plastic chairs and tables from one of the only tourist restaurants set out on the beach.  

The view away from the beach.  

No comments:

Post a Comment