Saturday 5 January 2013

foreign flix

Mollywood (the Malayalam film community in this case and not the Mormon film making empire) has a surprising number of exciting new releases currently in theatres for this time of year.  Many of them seem to be remakes of Hollywood treasures, but why not?  Hollywood does it, so why can't Mollywood.
 I have photographed 3 of the movie posters pasted on a wall near my house for you to enjoy and I have translated titles for you in the event that you cannot read Malayalam.

A hybrid between Wedding Crashers and My Best Friend's Wedding


An Officer and a Gentleman-timely


Brokeback Mountain


Simon and I cannot go to see a movie because we are too busy in the cafe, but it is just as well, because who could choose one to see with this selection.







No comments:

Post a Comment