Friday 2 November 2012

spring gardening

I finally went to the garden centre (which is a couple of guys sitting on chairs at the side of the road)  and bought some plants for in pots along one edge of the cafe that doesn't have a proper wall in the hopes that it will prevent people from falling to their death.  I have included pictures of the plants I brought home in their little plastic bags.  I spent about $9.00 on them, which is a butt load of money here.

Everyone was shocked when I returned home with a bunch of different plants all with orange red flowers (I as always decided on my colour scheme for the season- orange red, white and green.).  In a country where only more is more, this must have seemed the act of a mad women.  It was only after seeing Adil's face I realized why the man at the garden centre was running after me with a plant in his hand yelling "Yellow! Yellow!"


I then went and planted more than one plant in a few of the pots which I am told is also incorrect!  I am waiting for the BBC to approach me about a new mini series featuring my post modern-punk rock approach to gardening.  Maybe PBS will carry it on Thursday nights after Joanna Lumley's world of cats.  


1 comment:

  1. There's a house in Halifax with a very high wrap-around porch lined with potted plants instead of a railing or any other safety feature. It seems to work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete