Sunday 11 November 2012

our yard

Sorry if this is boring, but some people have asked for additional, more precise pictures of our home, so here goes:
When you enter the gate and look right you see palm tree debris from the killer tree (above).  Sometimes 2 cream coloured stray puppies spring from the leaves and scurry under the gate (even when it is open- they are cute puppies, not rocket scientists).
When you are on my porch looking out at the street you have this view.  I sometimes pull the rusty black gate closed to prevent puppy infestation.

If you look to the left you can see where I read in the morning.
This is the view out my back door off the kitchen.  Ahead is a well and an outdoor bathroom.  In the foreground is my burn pile for burning paper(!?) which I am told I must do.  It is close to the house (12 feet at most) because I suspect that smoldering paper would be a weak defense from snakes.  The cat seemed unimpressed by my fire the first night and I have not seen it since.  Everyone is a critic it seems.

When you look to the left you see this outdoor kitchen with the same tandoori and grinding amenities available in the indoor kitchen and a pile of discarded junk.  This is where the puppies slept before the coconut tree started shedding puppy bedding.
The rest of the yard is wild with some jack fruit and some papaya trees.  I have decided to get the lawn cut.  It costs the same here as it does at home, but the man who does it here uses a machete and takes all day.  Note: The higher end hotels here have push mowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment