Saturday 9 March 2013

details

Much to Simon's chagrin I booked an overnight 2nd class air con berth from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.  The route is popular, so I could only book upper beds a day later than I had hoped.  He was also a little testy with me before boarding because he wanted to get seated right away.  I wanted to wait as long as I could because 14 hour train trips are not really my thing (it ended up being a 17 hour trip).   I think he got over it though-The picture below shows how unhappy Simon was once he got settled and just before he closed the curtain on his own personal train fort. 










I unpacked first, so I got control of the remote again for the first few minutes in our new place.



I dragged Simon off of the sofa and out to the Chiang Mai  night market.  It was like a PG version of the markets in Bangkok with more jewelry and hill tribe crafts.  Not worry, there are a number of adult options in our neighbourhood to make Simon feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment