Saturday 8 December 2012

dog days

When we moved in to our house it was immediately obvious that there were 3 little cream coloured dogs living in the yard.  They bolted at the site of humans and although we would see them on the street regularly, they no longer entered our yard.

Life is hard for street dogs and now there are only 2 (and one of the remaining dogs has a serious leg injury).

About a month ago they began meeting us on our way home from work, throwing themselves in front of us and wriggling on the ground- obviously an instinctive maneuver to make themselves more attractive to us.  Unfortunately, it worked on me-I am now feeding them nightly much to Simon's dismay.

They are now living in our yard all of the time despite the fact that they can crawl out under the gate. They would prefer to live in the house and try to sneak through the door every time it opened- much to Simon's dismay.  They are too dirty to make this an option even if Simon was not refusing to acknowledge their existence.

I have named them Chico and La la, because that is what Simon calls every dog here anyway. La las's leg has improved dramatically and they seem healthier now than before. I hope to have then placed in a local puppy shelter before they become too old to be cute.

This is a picture of La la (the one with the injured leg.  She likes to lay on my feet to prevent me from walking away.



While I was taking the picture of La la, Chico grabbed my camera bag and headed in to the yard.



I took quite a number of photos, but they are all fuzzy shots of fur and teeth.  I will try to get them to behave for better photos.


1 comment:

  1. You talk all tough and stuff, but YOU ARE A SOFTIE! (Even I must admit they are cute dogs though!)

    ReplyDelete