Thursday 11 October 2012

The Day After

It turns out the carpenter and the painter and landlord did show up. Still no cleaning lady, so I spent the day scrubbing.

The carpenter will not start our display case until next week because he is so sick.  I think it is me that makes him sick as he seems to have a lively step as he visits his other jobs on the street.

The painters are painting one of the rooms at the guest house today with oil based paint.  It is a small 10 X 10 room, but one painter has to hold the paint brush, one has to stand up against him in the hot windowless room to give him moral support and the boss must lay on the bed and sleep (likely due to fume inhalation).  They are charging $12.00 Canadian for the job, which may, or may not be too much I am not sure.  Regardless, they will start painting at our house tomorrow if God is willing.

The landlord turned on our water and the tank was full this morning when I dropped off our luggage.  He kindly left us a rope and pail so that we could hire labour to pull water out of the well as a temporary solution.  I have finally managed to purchase and pre-wash cotton fabric for sheets.  (Although I could buy pre-made sheets if I was willing to take a trip to Delhi)., so Simon and I will sleep there tonight finally.

Sorry, not pictures again today.  I will just leave you this one piece of wisdom: sometimes people on the street are yelling at you because there is a guy in the tree above your head hacking coconuts with a machete.


1 comment: