Tuesday 23 October 2012

fictional family festivities



Simon viewed the Family Glamping photos with his cousin Adil.  This led to a variety of questions, such as:
” Is it common for first cousins to marry?  
Are campground weddings traditional?” 
And (my personal favourite) “Which of these people are boys and which are girls?”

True to form whenever asked about a topic which either seems too difficult, or personal to explain-Simon made up an elaborate story about Canadian wedding rituals.  It always reminds me of the time I had to explain to our neighbour on Cynthia street that his sister was not in fact eaten by red ants in the African desert.  A story told because he was tired of explaining that he didn't in fact have a sister.

 I really wish he wouldn't.





1 comment:

  1. This made my night! Miss you and love you both xoxox

    ReplyDelete